Hong Kong reported its first coronavirus death on Tuesday

Hong Kong reported its first coronavirus death on Tuesday, a 39-year-old male who had been affected by an underlying illness and had visited China’s Wuhan city in January, hospital staff said, marking the second death outside China .
The first death outside of China was reported on Sunday – a 44-year-old Chinese man who died in Philippines after travelling there from Wuhan, the epicentre of the virus. The price in China rose on Tuesday by a replacement daily record to quite 420 and total infections in China rose by 3,235 to 20,438.

There were a minimum of 151 cases in 23 other countries and regions, including the us , Japan, Thailand, Hong Kong and Britain. The Hong Kong death comes as many medical workers within the Asian financial hub began a second day of strikes on Tuesday to force the govt to completely close the city’s borders with China , each day after embattled leader Carrie Lam left three remaining checkpoints open. the previous British colony thus far has had 15 confirmed cases including one that was transmitted locally.

Holding red and white placards reading “Save HK now i’m a Hospital Authority staff on strike”, masked workers spilled out from inside the Authority’s Kowloon located headquarters, and onto the most road outside.

Crying and punching bags: China’s advice on relieving virus lockdown stress

Chinese government officals offer tips to locked-down population to alleviate their stress because the price from a replacement coronavirus jumped above 360, making it more deadly than the SARS crisis nearly 20 years ago.

On Monday, authorities in Hong Kong announced the closure of 4 more border crossings with China , leaving open the international airport, the bridge connecting the town to Macau and therefore the southern Chinese city of Zhuhai also as Shenzhen Bay Port within the north.

Around 2,700 workers from the newly formed Hospital Authority Employees Alliance (HAEA) went on strike on Monday to involve a sealing off of Hong Kong’s border and for better protection for hospital staff.Lam has rejected calls to shut the whole border, saying such a move would be “inappropriate and impractical” also as “discriminatory”.

The us , Australia, Singapore, New Zealand and Vietnam are among countries that have denied entry to foreign nationals who have recently been in China.

Last week the Hong Kong government suspended the cross- border travel network at six checkpoints and halved the amount of flights to the mainland among other measures.

Chief executive of the city’s hospital authority, Tony Ko, said during a statement late on Monday that while the authority agreed that cross-boundary passenger flow should be further reduced to avoid spreading of the virus, “we afflict compromising patient safety when expressing opinions”. A spokesman for the authority on Tuesday said that thanks to the massive absence of medical staff publicly hospitals today, some emergency services are “severely” affected.

admin

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *