The head of a World Health Organization-led international team investigating the coronavirus

The head of a World Health Organization-led international team investigating the coronavirus outbreak will leave for China on Monday or Tuesday, WHO chief Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said.
Tedros, asked whether the team would come with experts from the US Centers for Disease Control (CDC), told a news conference on Saturday: “We hope so.”

The price in China rose to 723 on Saturday, the WHO said, looking likely to pass the 774 deaths recorded globally during the 2002-2003 outbreak of Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS).

Across China , the amount of cases stood at 34,598, the WHO said.

Dr Mike Ryan, WHO’s top emergency expert, said there had been a stabilisation within the number of latest cases reported from Hubei province, the epicentre of the virus, over the past four days.

“That’s excellent news , and should reflect the impact of the control measures put in situ . But remember there also are many suspected cases still to be tested.”

Crying and punching bags: China’s advice on relieving virus lockdown stress

Chinese government officals offer tips to locked-down population to alleviate their stress because the price from a replacement coronavirus jumped above 360, making it more deadly than the SARS crisis nearly 20 years ago.

Ryan, speaking later to Reuters, said: “The daily number of latest cases has been stable over a four-day period. an equivalent number every day , around.”

He added, “It’s not a decline. which will just mean four days of relative calm before it accelerates.”

admin

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *